The European Gaming and Amusement Federation (EUROMAT), has launched a set of industry commitments to ensure that social responsibility is embedded in the working practices of its members. The commitments were published as part of an industry report Playing Fair which provides a snapshot of current industry practice across Europe.
The commitments are that EUROMAT Members will:
- Raise awareness amongst member companies about the social impact of problem behaviour.
- Promote a combination of preventative measures including awareness, education, monitoring and control to tackle a complex problem.
- Disseminate best practice in responsible gaming.
- Encourage our members to inform consumers about the possible damage that inappropriate gaming behaviour might cause.
- Consult with public health bodies, regulators and NGOs on the contents of this pledge and report at regular intervals on the progress towards meeting these commitments.